Dear Shape Ypsi Participants,
Thanks to everyone who has participated in the Shape Ypsi process. The draft has been updated based on your feedback, as well as those of your neighboring communities. The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on the master plan, where anyone is welcome to give feedback, this Wednesday, October 16, at 7:00 at City Hall. After the public hearing, the Planning Commission can consider approving the plan.
The public hearing draft is now available for your review here: public hearing master plan draft
The changes in the text are in boldface, with a different font. Edits include:
- The transportation section in reference to the City’s relationship with the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (The Ride) and other transportation issues (25-29).
- A more thorough explanation of the Reimage Washtenaw as well is provided on pages 37-38 & page 60.
- Clarification on Central Neighborhoods (page 54). Discussions during the Zoning Charrette as well as further parcel analysis indicate that there are three types of neighborhoods within this classification with their own character which will be preserved.
- Eco-district text was clarified and the map removed (page 55).
Transportation map (page 37) – more clarification on off-road non-motorized trail north-south through the city
- Depot Town (page 48) – The sketch extends the festival street along Cross street, effectively wrapping the Depot parcel
- Reconfiguration of Cross & Washtenaw (page 50) – This segment was sketched out to match the style of the other redevelopment drawings while providing improved context.
- Ford/Visteon parking lot (page 76) – reorienting some buildings toward the I-94 frontage.
We hope you will continue to participate in this process with the same enthusiasm and passion for the City of Ypsilanti!
The Shape Ypsi Planning Team